Penang Island

We took a road trip to the sunny island of Penang.

Here we are crossing the Penang Bridge, which is among the longest bridges in the world...

... and I'm enjoying the view from the comfort of the pei mobile.

Finally we arrived at town after a 4 hours drive...

... and I wasted no time in checking for pee-mails.

What's that sound? I can't see...

... this is a much better view... it's a beach! Let's check it out.

We walked along the beach...

... and felt the salty sea breeze against my wrinkly face.

I saw a funny looking thingy...

... that hoomans used to play zoomies on the water...

... and a weird looking thingy...

... that hoomans used to play zoomies in the air.

I only like my zoomies on the land.

After a long day, we checked in to our apartment.

I was so dog-tired, I passed out the moment I hit the bed and slept like a log.

The next morning, we went for a walk on top of Penang hill...

... for some fresh morning air and lovely sunshine.

This is the popular Kek Lok Si temple in Penang...

... which is the largest Buddhist temple in Southeast Asia.

We also visited Fort Cornwallis, a fortress completed in 1810 as a defense against the Jack Sparrows of yesteryears.

We hit the beach again for some casual gallivanting...

... and some interesting sniffpedition.

Koko said something about another Miami beach in my faraway furiends country...

... but I did not pay much attention...

... as I saw something fun.

Something I can climb on...

... and jump about too.

I love playing on these huge rocks.

Later in the day, we went for a walkie along the marina...

... which overlook across the Penang bridge.

On our way back, we did not use the bridge to cross over to mainland...

... instead we used the ferry service at Weld Quay.

The ferry ride was an interesting one with the smell of diesel that permeates from the engine room, the sound of sea waves crashing alongside the ferry...

... and the sight of cars queuing to disembark.

On the trip back in the pei mobile, I was mostly in dreamland.

19 comments:

RILEY AND STAR MY MALTESEKIDS said...

Dear Hero,

We have seen your name on our other friends bloggies so many times and decided it was time to introduce ourselves.

We are Riley and Star, two fun little Maltese pups from Texas.

We just read your beautiful and very touching story and we instantly fell in luv with you. It nearly brought tears to our eyes! You ought to write a book.

We didn't really know anything about your breed until now and we are very interested to read more about you.

By the way, your photographs are wonderful!

We are very happy we found you and we hope we will be your forever friends!

Luv,
Riley and Star.

sprinkles said...

What a fun trip! Your country is very beautiful.

Unknown said...

Hey Hero, looks like you had a great trip to Penang. Enjoyed your car journey?
I love how you call it the pei mobile! :)
Penang sure looks beautiful and lucky to have you visit it!

Lorenza said...

Hero!
You had a great trip to Penang Island!
Sure it is a pawesome place!
I understan you were very tired at the end!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Lola and also Franklin, too said...

Another fabulous adventure. And you brought us back more great photos. I think these were especially good ones. Not only the scenery, either. The one of you sleeping on the way home is a classic. In fact, I'd say that one rates with some of the best Pei shots I've ever seen.

wags, Lola

the booker man said...

hero,
your trip to penang looked like so much funsies!! a nice car ride, tons of walkies, a pretty beach, water to play in, a ferry ride, and some good snoozin' -- sign me up for next time!!
*woof*
the booker man

Thor and Jack said...

Hero! What a great trip to Penang! That's a beautiful place! You sure had lots of fun! Thanks for the tour! Your pictures are fantastic!
Thor

Kasha The Dainty Great Dane said...

Hello Hero My Friend,

Sorry I haven't been around lately but my hooman has been lazy. Or is it that spring is here and she's not on the computer that much lately.

I love reading your posts you go to such exciting places. Hey do you get a television program called The Amazing Race? I feel like you live the amazing race going to all the different places you get to travel to. Have a good week.

AARF Kasha the Dainty Great Dane

koko said...

Hi Kasha,

It's funny that you mentioned The Amazing Race reality show... coz last week episode i.e Season 16 Episode 9 titled Dumb Did Us In, was filmed in Penang and all the teams performed their Detours at the Buddhist temple we visited... ;)

Licks, hero

The Oceanside Animals said...

Looks like a great trip! But I'm still trying to wrap my head around "Miami Beach BayWatch Tower" ...

Kapitein Haakje said...

your one lucky dog hero :D


Kissslobbers
El'bow & Hauwii

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Do you really have your own mobile? You are one lucky Pei! We love all the pics again of your country. You are a very good tour guide and thanks for sharing these pics!
--JB

Cocorue said...

wow, you had a great trip and love your pei mobile, lucky you!

oooh, that apartment allows dawgs???????? there's No way you could have been 'smuggled' in like moi!

you're going to Twix's date trip?
chikisses
coco

RILEY AND STAR MY MALTESEKIDS said...

Hi Hero,

I answered your question in my Dear Star column so come by and read it o.k.?

Luv,
Star and Riley.

♥Mona + Prissy + Angel Weenie♥ said...

Hi Hero,

What a fantastic trip you took. Love all the pictures and you are so cuet and I would love to have a cuddle with you sometime. You look so sweet sleeping.

{{{huggies}}}....Mona

Teal'c said...

You look sooooo cute when you are asleep! And your adventures look pretty amazing... There seem to be quite a few places you can go after all. Is the leash actually a "must" or just something to keep you from inspecting things you shouldn't inspect?!
Slobbers Master T.

Diana Chiew said...

Wow, what a wonderful trip you had! We have never been that far, the most we have been is to PD. Aren't you lucky?!

MadameMoiselle said...

Hey Hero

Your daddy is amazing cuz he keep finding hotels that are pet friendly.. You are one lucky pooch..

Licks licks
Moiselle and mommy

may said...

dogs r allowed in penang?
yipee im going this week